Internship / Externship
Agnes Banks Equine Clinic is a well – established and progressive practice which offers a variety of diagnostic services including in-house laboratory, nuclear scintigraphy, digital radiology, digital ultrasound, videoendoscopy and exercising endoscopy and operates as a full surgical facility. We are a diverse equine practice servicing a large clientele of racing, performance, pleasure and breeding clients. The practice is located on the western fringe of Sydney at the foothills of the Blue Mountains, approximately a one hour drive from the Sydney central business district.
We offer externships for final year veterinary students. We primarily accommodate students enrolled in Australian veterinary programs, however, positions for international students will be considered if there is availability and depending on current COVID 19 restrictions.
Our policy for the placement is set out below:
- Preference is given to Australian veterinary students for externship places.
- We are only able to accommodate two externship students at any one time.
- Externships run for a maximum of four weeks.
- Accommodation is usually available on site, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Regular clinic hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 6 pm.
- Students are required to be available for after hour calls and weekend on call duty.
- Overseas applicants are required to provide two Veterinary References with their CV.
- Overseas students are required to provide a copy of their own Insurance Policy and a current negative COVID 19 test.
If you would like to apply for an externship placement, please submit your request and a copy of your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter to email@example.com
Equine Internship November 2021
Agnes Banks Equine Clinic is offering a 12-month veterinary internship position, for a new or recent graduate wishing to gain experience in a well-established and progressive equine veterinary practice. The position would be ideal for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who has good communication skills. The applicant would need to be able to work as part of a dedicated and supportive team consisting of 30 employees.
The position involves assisting with hospital in-patient care, monitoring intensive care patients, assisting with the investigation of medical and surgical cases, general anaesthesia, some exposure to ambulatory practice and after hours calls, as well as some exposure to routine and advanced artificial breeding procedures.
Applicants must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Veterinary Practitioners Board.
The successful applicant would receive:
- Annual salary as per the Animal Care and Veterinary Services Award 2020 plus superannuation
- 1 week of paid study leave (includes CPD course fees for an approved course)
- 4 weeks of annual leave per year
- Payment of NSW State registration and AVA Professional Association fees
To apply for an internship position, please submit your application and a copy of your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 31st August 2021