The clinic has a variety of imaging equipment in which to provide excellent image quality. This includes:
- 3 portable digital xray machines
- an overhead mounted CR machine in hospital that allows imaging of difficult areas, including the head, chest and abdomen and upper limb
- state of the art digital ultrasound machine in hospital
- 2 portable ultrasound machines
- 4 portable reproductive scanners
We also offer nuclear scintigraphy (bone scanning). This allows imaging of areas that cannot be imaged using ultrasound or radiography, or in horses where the problem cannot be localised using nerve or joint blocks.
ABEC also has a hospital based videoendoscopy set up for performing endoscopy of the upper airway, stomach, urinary and reproductive tract. There are three portable endoscopes, including one videoendoscope, used for airway assessment in the field. In addition, we have an over the ground endoscope for performing upper airway evaluation in horses during exercise.